I took this photo of my reflection in the sunglasses, last time I was in Australia - on Shell beach at Monkey Mia, Western Australia. I have saved the photo for a fun project.
I decided to do a Mixed Media with a selection from my bits and bobs boxes.
I must admit - Yes I am a hoarder of Mixed Media stash. Always on the lookout for old clocks (gears), old computer parts, sewing machine and type writers. I dismantle them and stock all the bits - and sort them into boxes. A few people have asked me - "What do you do with all those bits and bobs?" Here is an example of what I make.
The background paper is from Prima: Boussole - Cartographer and Bo Bunny (Somewhere in time Evening mist). The Bo Bunny paper was something I won through The Paper Crafting. Flowers are mostly from Prima. I have used Gesso, acrylic paint and distress paint to paint the background. I have also used gesso and a Tim Holtz stencil to create some background effect.
The Mixed Media canvas is a DTcontribution for Hobbykunst
I am entering these challenges:
- Incy wincy designs - Things with wings
- Crazy challenge - Bye the sea
- Lisa somerville - Summer
- Cute and daisy - Summer
- Crafty sentiments - Summer
- Sweet stamps blog - Summer
- Whimsy inspires - Summer, lace pearls, die cut and flowers
- Brown sugar challenge - Dots and stripes
- Ink spirational challenges - Blue and white
- Totally gorjuss - Flower Power
- Bunny zoes crafts - Layers
- Nordsalten hobbyklubb - Alt er lov
- 7 kids challenge blog - Anything goes
- Time 4 scrap - Anything goes
- A creative romance - Anything goes
- A creative need - Anything goes