søndag 24. mars 2013

An Easter egg - with tutorial


The spring is on its way, and I was asked to make an Easter egg with a rabbit on it. So I decided to make an Easter egg inspired by the spring.


This is a large paper egg, painted with gesso. On the top of the egg, I have created the illusion of the egg paper egg being folded away. This has been made in paper. I have made a template for this.

_________________________________________________________  


Templates and Copyright - Please read.

This is my own template. You are free to use my templates, and publish your own craft. However, it would be nice if you link back to me. Please do not sell or publish my templates, as they are or edited! My templates are copyrighted by law.

Dette er min egen mal. Du kan fritt bruke malen til å lage dine egne arbeider. Du kan også fritt publisere ditt eget arbeide. Jeg ville imidlertid satt pris på om du linket tilbake til meg. Du har ikke lov til å publisere eller selge mine maler, som de er eller redigert. Mine maler har copyright under Åndsverksloven.


_________________________________________________________  


Template 

Scale to a size that will fit your egg, an cut out following the pattern, one part in the same colour as your egg, and the other in green grass colour (or whatever colour you would prefer). The lines in the egg are also supposed to be cut. Glue the green egg under the egg with cut lines, only gluing at the edges of the egg. Glue the egg shape on to your egg and let dry. Fold the triangles out and back over the egg and glue tips of the triangles to the side of the egg.


Before I started decorating, I sprayed the egg with brown dylusions spray. The egg has then been sprayed with fixative. However I was not satisfied with the result, as I still thought the water based dylusion spray could easily run - so I added some spray lacquer. Some of the flowers are from Prima and some are from Panduro. The leaves and the flowers have had a stroke of gesso. 



Template

Scale the template to a size that you like. First, I cut out a piece out of the Honeycomb paper that was large enough. The paper is quite thick, and it is actually several layers of thin paper. I cut out the front and the back of the rabbit, and then I glued the two parts together and did some small adjustments to make it look alright. I added half pearls as eyes and snout, and some pink colour in the ears and cheeks. I also added the tail.


I am entering these challenges:




14 kommentarer:

  1. Så fint et påskeæg!!

    1000 tak for at du deltager i udfordringen hos Card and Scrap.

    Knus Jytte, DT :)

    SvarSlett
  2. Gorgeous egg! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    SvarSlett
  3. This is stunning! A really fabby piece of art. I adore it. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    SvarSlett
  4. WAUW hvor er det bare flot. Sikken et arbejde, men helt sikert det hele værd, med så smukt et resultat, som du har fået her.

    SvarSlett
  5. What a glorious creation. Such detailed work and beautiful design. Thanks for joining in with our TPS challenge this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    SvarSlett
  6. wawww så super flot♥♥
    tak for inspiration og tak for du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring,

    knus Anne Bente DT ♥

    SvarSlett
  7. Så lekkert!
    Flotte detaljer:)
    Takk for at du deltar på Vintage utfordringen.
    Klem, Heidi:)

    SvarSlett
  8. Fabulous egg, I love the design, it is great fun.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    SvarSlett
  9. What a fantastic little egg! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with it! Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    SvarSlett
  10. this is wonderful...what a great idea...love this, so happy to see your work at sch this week...lizzi

    SvarSlett
  11. Så lekkert påskeegg! Flott pyntet.
    Takk for at du scrapper med NSHK.
    Brita

    SvarSlett
  12. What a fantastic piece of art Kirsten, it must have taken you ages to make :-)

    Thanks for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy for our "Spring Days" challenge - good luck!

    xx Sazzle xx

    SvarSlett
  13. what a delightful egg and calorie free, so glad you joined us at SCH
    hugs

    SvarSlett
  14. Så skjønt påskeegg! Nydelig med kanina og fuglen oppå, og jeg likte godt illusjonen av at egget åpner seg :)
    Karen Elise :)

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...